According to Google, 2014 was the first year that mobile devices were the main source of Google search traffic. The rapid shift to mobile may sound unbelievable, but it’s now a fact that more search queries are coming from people using mobile devices, such as smartphones, than from people browsing the web on PCs.
A few other interesting mobile stats:
- The average person spends up to 23 days a year (or 3.9 years of their life) on their phone (http://www.mobilestatistics.com/mobile-news/23-days-a-year-spent-on-your-phone.aspx )
- 80% of Internet searches are conducted on smartphones, according to data from the Global Web Index
- 81% of people use a smartphone for regularly checking emails, especially for individuals less than 35 years of age. (https://www.slideshare.net/adobe/adobe-consumer-email-survey-report-2017)
- 97% of B2B companies plan to increase or maintain the amount they spend on mobile marketing in 2016
- 94% of B2B buyers report conducting some degree of research online before making a business purchase
Mobile functionality plays a different role in every industry, but no company can afford to ignore it’s expanding influence. fh group has a history of success in mobile integration and responsive web design. If you're looking to make the move to mobile or are interested in creating a more responsive experience for your customers, contact fh group today.