According to Google, 2014 was the first year that mobile devices were the main source of Google search traffic. The rapid shift to mobile may sound unbelievable, but it’s now a fact that more search queries are coming from people using mobile devices, such as smartphones, than from people browsing the web on PCs.
A few other interesting mobile stats in 2015:
- The average person spends up to 23 days a year (or 3.9 years of their life) on their phone (http://www.mobilestatistics.com/mobile-news/23-days-a-year-spent-on-your-phone.aspx)
- 80% of Internet searches are conducted on smartphones, according to data from the Global Web Index
- 66% of all emails in the U.S. are now read on smartphones, according to the US Consumer Device Preference Report from MovableInk
- 97% of B2B companies plan to increase or maintain the amount they spend on mobile marketing in 2016
- 94% of B2B buyers report conducting some degree of research online before making a business purchase
Has your company made the move to mobile yet? If not, is a transition planned in the near future? fh group has a history of success in mobile integration and responsive website design. Responsive web design is only going to get more important in 2016 and beyond; contact us to discuss how you can upgrade your website to mobile today!